Tuesday, November 20, 2012
just a couple snapshots from last week. it was crazy, but i kind of like it that way and i've come to realize the week before a holiday week (today's my last day! yay for holiday.) will always feel crazy.
1- leftover flowers 2- jamie's birthday 3- a gift
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
y'all there are two things in this world i will never tire of: 1- diet coke 2- nail polish. i am 100% obsessed with nail polish and i will never ever have enough.
and recently my obsession has grown-- all because of this wonderful place called julep (thank you anna waldrop for introducing me!). I LOVE JULEP. basically, you sign up and get a box full of nail posh sent to your door each month. its just about the best thing ever. BUT to top it all off, not only are their products amazing, but so are their employees. i talked to them on the phone -which i really dislike doing- and i felt like i was chatting with one of my girlfriends.
so, if you aren't one of julep's mavens well you should be! click here to sign up AAAAND you can get your first box 50% off -- even better right?!--just use the code MAVEN50 at checkout!
ok, so this past month julep sent me a golden box -- which is basically the majority of that month's collection. and boy did i luck out-- look at all the loot:
and these bad boys are on my wish list!:
Thursday, November 8, 2012
here are some of beauty products i love and i lust... catchy right? haha. from left to right:
- love: this sonja kashuk brush -- its so awesome for applying creme blush!
- lust:when i ordered some make-up from sephora online -- which i love to do for the freebies--- i got this as one of the said freebies. this hairdresser's invisible oil is so awesome. it feels like you've taken months of damage away with one application.
- love: this rusk hairspray. smells. so. good. and holds well. and you can get it at target. bonus.
- lust: i've tried other morrocan oils before, but this one is said to be the be all end all of them. need to get my hands on some.
- love: let me just just say it: I LOVE BB CREAMS. and this one is the best. hands down. bb creams were first developed in korea and this is made by koreans. so the know what they are doing.
- lust: i tried this because mary bought it -- and i almost stole it staight from her make-up bag. this mascara is for your bottom lashes and works wonders.
- love: i love julep. like a lot. and their mascara makes my eyelashes look miles long. and i'll take that any day.
- lust: i've never bought this rosebud salve, which is ridiculous.
- love: i bought this hair dryer recently and absolutely love it
- lust: this mac brush is perfect for applying eyeliner. and a girl can never have too many brushes.
what are some of your favourites i should check out? have you tried anything on my lust list? let me know!
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
jamie and i have been doing a lot of projects around the house lately, which has been awesome and exhausting. we painted our dining room (gray! thanks for your help and input!) and it has completely changed the way the house feels -- most definitely for the better. And we also go a new rug, which i am very fond of - give me cruxes-- all day, every day.
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
this past weekend jeremy and i went to birmingham with my family to visit my brother during family weekend at college. he just so happens to go to my alma mater, samford university. so proud.
it was great going back to birmingham and seeing one of my favorite places. its very surreal going back to college. its the same place, but so different. i am just thankful that i got to go to university that i loved and that gave me great friendships. i hope that my brother, luke, has as great of an experience as i did. go bulldogs. :)
i hope that you all had as good of a weekend as we did. nothing like a good family road trip. all that was missing was adair and jamie.
have a great tuesday,
Thursday, November 1, 2012
1- these beautiful roses came from MY YARD. can you believe it?! my green thumb has been restored after the gardening fiasco of summer 2011(in which all of the plants that i touched died. i exaggerate, but that's what it felt like). these were the last of the roses on my bush, i picked them all right before one night where it was supposed to freeze. so jeremy and i have been enjoying this last bit of summer (even in novemeber!) while we can.
2- we had some friends over for dinner last weekend and i baked an apple pie. we put ice cream on top and it was phenomenal and the pioneer woman would have been proud. amen.
and this little cutie is my baby boy, henry, on halloween. we didn't get him a costume, but that did not stop us from dressing him up. this is his impression of risky business (he had socks on, but we took them off because he almost had a nervous break down breakdown with stuff on his feet. haha.)
just wish he had stayed still a little longer for me to fix his crooked sunglasses. oh well, you win some, you lose some. he had fun in his costume while it lasted.
hope that you all had a candy-filled, fun-filled, and safe halloween. we had so many cute trick or treaters and made some yummy chili, made smores bars, and watched hocus pocus. (sarah. jessica. parker.) so, it was pretty much a perfect one.
much love and happy thursday, m.
+1 -- these wallpapers by lisa congdon from hygge & west should be up in my house right now. pretty awesome, huh?
+2-- i had seen pictures of these awesome himmeli before and no idea what they were -- they are traditional finnish ornaments -- BUT I LOVE THEM. can't wait to try and make them. -- maybe today? here are two great tutorial here (image 1) and here (image 2)
+3-- my brother-in-law, jeremy (mary's husband) is a pro at making fudge -- he learned from his grandfather-- and makes it every year around the holidays. so, naturally when i saw this recipe, i knew this christmas would be like no other. jeremy's fudge + these add ins = heaven on earth and the best fudge ever.