People ask us all the time what to do in Nashville. There is so much to do so here are our top picks:
1. We love walking around Downtown. The beauty of Nashville is that it is not that big. Broadway, 2nd Ave., Riverfront Park, The Pedestrian Bridge, and Titan’s Stadium.
Things to do Downtown: My favorite place is The Frist Center (incredible art museum), Country Music Hall of Fame (We’ve never been, but we hear that it’s wonderful!), Tour the Ryman (this is my favorite building in Nashville- so much history and great architecture).
2.We love a drive down Music Row- You can’t really get out and tour the buildings, but it is pretty cool to walk/drive and you may see somebody famous.
3. We love shopping in Green Hills- Green Hills Mall has a lot of higher-end stores and the Hill Center is a great outdoor shopping area that has some of our favorites- Anthropologie, Paper Source, and West Elm. Trader Joe’s is also over in Green Hills.
4.We love Centennial Park- This park is so much fun. A great place for a picnic, you can tour the exact replica of the Parthenon, in the summer they have Movie’s in the Park here, and in late August-early September this is the home of the Nashville Shakespeare Festival.
5. We love Vanderbilt University- This is honestly one of the most beautiful college campus’s in the nation. The old magnolia trees, beautiful lawns, and pristeen pathways make this a wonderful place to take a stroll. We are also HUGE Commodores fans. Their basketball games are a must-do for the winter.
6. We love Hillsboro Village- Hillsboro Village is a quaint street with all the shops, restaurants, and bars that you will ever need. It is also a hop, skip, and a jump from Vanderbilt.
7. We love to eat LOCAL- (these are in no particular order and there are many, many more-these are just a few of our favorites)
Jackson’s Bar and Bistro Jeremy & Mary’s pick: the Rio and Pacific panini’s, the caesar salad, and the cookie dough egg roll.
Best Dessert: Sweet CeCe’s (frozen yogurt) , Jackson’s Bar and Bistro (cookie dough egg roll and ooey gooey batter cake), Jenni’s (lavender wild berry, coffee, and riesling and poached pear ), Las Paletas (chocolate strawberry and raspberry lime).
We hope this helps and we will update as we explore! Enjoy Nashville! We hope you love it as much as we do. If you have questions- just contact me.